Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Planning Monday



I just started reading this new site, and it got me in the mood to share my menu here. I started menu planning again a couple of weeks ago. First and foremost I need to stop the craziness that happens at 3pm when I have no idea what is for dinner and everything is frozen rock solid in my deep freeze. Next, with the kids' new school schedule and increased homework load from being in higher grades, I not only need to know what is for dinner, but it's a very good idea if I am finished cooking by 3pm (or at least only need to reheat) so that I can devote the time the kids need from me between 3:30 and 6:30pm. Last, menu planning stops me from running to the store incessantly and saves me money because I plan meals from what I have bought using coupons and sales, instead of buying what I need at the last minute at full price, and I only spend one or two trips per week in gas instead of 4 or 5. So, all that considered, those are my menu planning/food budget goals. Not every one of them is getting hit perfectly each week, but I'm trying...and some is better than none!!

So here's this week's menu...

Sunday-leftovers
Monday-swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans
Tuesday-JoJo’s spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
Wednesday-fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cauliflower
Thursday-stuffed bell peppers (Karen and Joshua), leftovers (Emilee, Trevor, Carter), garlic bread, salad
Friday-chile verde (pork loin), tortillas, pinto beans, broccoli
Saturday-bbq steak, misc pasta, salad

You can visit THIS BLOG to see other bloggers' weekly menu plans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday. I do hope you will post your crock pot recipes to Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky is up and ready for you now. Thanks for posting.