Saturday, March 12, 2011

HE GOT IT!!!

I am so excited to share these videos with you guys! Carter finally "got it" today when we were skiing!! I think for these little ones, picking up the knack of skiing is kinda like learning to ride a bike, and once you've got it, you've got it! Poor Joshua has been toughing it out "teaching" Carter to ski...but it's HARD! PHYSICALLY...VERY...HARD!! Keeping a 4 year old upright and balanced and not crashed into a tree...and then untangled from your own skis while YOU don't fall or run him over is just darn HARD! And I've felt super bad watching Joshua tough it out with all of this. And just as I finished up on some medium runs with Em and Trev, I came over to the small hill that Joshua and Carter were on, and I was surprised with THIS!




I am soooo proud of Carter that he "got it" and I'm so happy that Joshua's back gets a rest!! Go BOOGA!!!

Oh and one other thing...isn't his new helmet CUTE?!?! It's got silly monsters and dinosaurs on it and it's perfect for him!

And I did want to share that Em and Trev and Joshua got to go for their first NIGHT ski last night too! Joshua didn't get any pictures...BOO!...but they had a blast and with the extra practice in, the big monkeys are now officially outskiing Mommy! :-)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW LADY! Carter is doing so good! I loved those videos!

Alicia said...

Wow, I am really impressed. He took off down that hill and I was nervous!
It's so great that you guys are getting to do this sport as a family.
way to go.