Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bountiful Baskets


So I joined a produce co-op and picked up my first order today! I got a ton of fruits and veggies, fresh from local farms for about half of the cost of Walmart...all of what you see about cost me $16.50! You know how excited a good deal makes me AND this all came from local farmers...woohoo! You never know exactly what you are going to get, but it was really cool stuff...especially the "expensive" items like kiwi, pomegranetes and tomatoes.

NOW...I have to figure out what to do with some of this stuff lol! I have the veggies pretty much covered as we almost always have a fresh veggie for dinner (though the big monkeys are warily eyeballing the brussel sprouts and Carter has already declared he's not trying those EVER!)...but what to do with all this fruit before it goes bad? I'm thinking banana muffins...and maybe I'll try that applesauce-in-a-crockpot recipe I saw a while back? But (because I'd had some fruit already on hand) I currently posess 13 pears I need to do something with pretty quick. Any suggestions?! I also have more oranges that we'd typically eat with lunches and snacks. Recipes for those? Anyone?! LOL!

And if anyone is interested, here is the link. Check the "locations" tab and see if they have a delivery site near you (*ahem, Sanda!).

www.bountifulbaskets.org

No comments: