Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CVS shopping for week 4/27-5/3



OK so shopping at CVS has become a HUGE BIG FUN deal for me! I have always loved couponing and finding sales/clearances and saving money to stretch our family budget. And I've heard of this "CVS thing" but never really got it until we moved here to Texas and I actually had a CVS pharmacy near me. So I did some research online (you can find some great blogs like this one http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ or message boards like this one http://www.hotcouponworld.com/ to explain the detailed how to's) and jumped in. I've been shopping there for about six weeks now and I've gotten soooo much FREE stuff! In a nutshell, I combine the weekly/monthly sales with their store rebate program ("store dollars" that print out for buying qualifying items called ECBs for use on my next shopping trip) and with newspaper and internet printed coupons. Typically I spend pennies OOP (out of pocket) each week and basically come home with bags of free stuff.

So for example here's this week's collection...


(2) All laundry detergent
(2) Palmolive dish soap
(2) Speed Stick deodorants
(1) children's bar soap
(1) man's hair color
(3) Softsoap body washes
(2) pkgs of batteries
(4) pkgs of 3m hooks
(2) pkgs postit note flags
(1)3pk sponges
(3) Reese's pnut butter cups

OK...the "how"...

I used these manufacturer coupons
1.00 all
1.25 palmolive
.99 children's bar soap
2.00 man's hair color
(2) 1.00 deodorant
3.00 post its
(4) 1.00 hooks
1.00 softsoap

The All, Palmolive and batteries were on BOGO free.

I used (2) $4/$20 (four dollars off of a twenty dollar purchase) CVS coupons and a $3/$15. And then I used previous ECBs of $10, $4.99, $8, and $10.

I paid $1.34 in cash (well actually from a CVS gift card I got for tranferring a prescription) in total from my three transactions.

And I left with $10.98, $4.99, $5.00 and $7.99 in new ECBs for next time.

So the grand total is that I spent $1.34 in cash, used $32.99 in previous ECBs, and came out with $28.96 in new ECBs. All things considered...the sale price of all the items total was $76.53 and it cost me at some rate (pocket change and ECBs not recouped) a grand total of $5.37...approximately what one bottle of the laundry detergent would have cost me at walmart!

Now, wasn't that fun??!!!
Want to see more CVS savings? Visit frugal blog that I read regularly...the Centsible Sawyer's CVS Superstars here http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-love-me-some-cvs-superstars.html

6 comments:

Alicia said...

good job on your deals! can you believe i forgot to buy my paper this sunday!!!! bad mommy!
my cvs has been out of the softsoap constantly! eeek.
Love the blog. Looking forward to many visits!

Karen said...

Alicia...I have three stores tht I frequent and they ALL have been out for weeks! I finally found these three lonely bottles today woohoo!! Yanno, most of the deals I did this week were with internet printable coupons (only like 2 were from this Sunday's paper)...you should still give this week a shot!

Alicia said...

Thanks for the encouragment...i'm going to...on friday.

Denise Sawyer said...

Great job!! You should link your post tomorrow to my CVS Superstars!!! You might get even more traffic that way! :)

On another note... I haven't been able to get my hands on any of that softsoap either (and I also have several stores I frequent - 4!)BOOHOO!!

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Alicia said...

Karen,
well,i went today and did really good. there was one bottle of the spa softsoap and they let me have it!
I look forward to being back on the ball next week.

April said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff. Good Job!