Monday, June 30, 2008

Announcement #1~~Surrogacy

I said last week that I had two announcements to share. The first announcement is perfectly prefaced by sharing that today is a very special day...the little boy I carried as a surrogate, Garrett, turned six today!! It's soooo crazy to believe that it's been six years since I delivered that little miracle for his amazing parents. I got to chat with him on the phone today and he's such a big boy!!!...telling me of his birthday party and liking the present I sent him and about what he's been doing lately. It was sooo cool!

So onto the announcement #1~

I've decided to do one more surrogacy, and I'm matched with a new very special couple! We've gotten through the legal stuff and are getting our medical details in line and are hoping to do an embryo transfer in mid/late August. I am so excited to help this couple! They live within a few hours of me, don't have any children yet and are just a BUNCH of fun to hang out with. Last weekend when we went to Sea World, they are the friends that went with us and we had such a nice time with them. And they are soooo great with kids. Mine just love them! They are going to be wonderful parents...and with any luck that will be sometime next year! Here's a picture of my family and Gabby and Charlie from last weekend.


Just a little info for readers who might just be happening by my blog and aren't familiar with surrogacy. I am a Gestational Surrogate, a woman who carries another couple's biological child, meaning the surrogate child I carry is not related to me biologically. We utilize the IVF process to get me pregnant with their embryo, and then when their child is born they take home their precious miracle!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

i'm so glad pregnancy is pretty easy for you. i hope it goes well!
i think it's great that the parents let you talk to your little guy and keep in touch.