Saturday, September 27, 2008

Two weeks after Ike---bye bye Texas!


After what has probably been the longest and weirdest two weeks of our life, Joshua and I decided on Thursday that we were going to leave TX and take his company up on their generous offer to move us to Oklahoma. We tried all week to find somewhere around here to live that kept our kids close enough to attend their school, but found NOTHING...and as the estimates of time until we could move back home continued to get pushed back (now closer to 3 mos if everything went well) we decided we couldn't live in limbo any more. Friday morning Joshua flew to OK and found us a wonderful home to rent. It's smaller than what we had here, but it's brand spanking new (read---it is going to be the first clean home I've moved into in FOUR moves yipeeeeeeeeeeee!), in a very nice new neighborhood with a park and walking/biking trails, in a wonderful school district, close to shopping and close to work when Joshua will need to go into the office. The movers will be here on Thursday and we be getting settled into our new home next Monday!! As much as we did NOT want to leave our home and life we'd started here, we are SO relieved to have a plan and to know that we'll have a home to come home to in just over a week!
Goodbye HURRICANES...hello TORNADOES!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, Karen! I'm so glad you both have a healthy sense of adventure about you!
I am exhausted just reading all you've gone through. I wish we could be close to help!:)
Happy trails my friend!

Anonymous said...

Charlie and I can't wait to visit you in your new digs and check out the local cuisine :)
~Gabby

Zimms Zoo said...

SO if you live anywhere near OKC look me up. I am a blogger friend of ALicia's.

And the tornadoes really aren't that bad. I have lived in OKC all my life (or most of it)(all of it in OK) and have never been hit by a tornado.

They can be scary sometimes. Just don't live in Moore. They get hit at least 3 times a year EVERY year.