Monday, October 27, 2008

I love buying GAS!!


So how are prices near you nowadays? When I filled up my van to make the drive to OK a few weeks ago I paid $3.36, and we were the envy of our friends and family touting the lowest gas prices around. A couple of months ago, if I got my van lower than a quarter tank, I couldn't fill it up all the way cuz the maximum transaction of $75 per credit card would hit and I'd drive away shy of a full tank...for SEVENTY FIVE DARNED DOLLARS!


Well, welcome to Oklahoma guys!! Gas here rolled down to $1.99 a gallon late last week. Yup, you read that right...there's a ONE in the front of the price of my gas!! I haven't seen a ONE in the price of my gas since we rolled into Idaho three years ago and it was $1.99 there. Not many economic things to throw a parade over lately, but this is one of them! I actually filled my van up that was on fumes for $43!! That's about HALF the cost of what I was recently AND I actually have a full tank cuz I didn't hit the max transaction amount.


I did a little surfing too, and per MSN Autos, the lowest gas price in the country is $1.19 in Arkansas and the highest is $5.31 in Alaska (see honey, we really don't want to move there!). Average for the country is $2.65!!


Meat prices are still dumb, milk is about $3.50 a gallon, life is still darned expensive...but we are thankful for this little reprieve. Now if I only had a 1000 gallon gas tank in the back yard so I could REALLY take advantage of this little miracle!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Well, you lucky girl you! Now, you can take a road trip to vist us!:)
Enjoy the ride ..ha, ha.ha.