Friday, December 26, 2008

Poor Josh, Lucky Me!


I often ask for practical gifts. I usually don't want big fancy stuff...things for my home or daily life that are a bit "extra" special really tickle my fancy. Several years ago I wanted a vacuum...a GOOD vacuum...not just one for $50 that didn't suck up a thing. We had two cats and a dog and I wanted that hair to actually get picked up. This was just before the Dyson came out...so I'd had my eyeball on a pretty expensive Dirt Devil vacuum for quite a while. Sure enough, under the tree that year was a nice sized box, and I unwrapped exactly what I'd asked for...my vacuum!! But poor Josh, did he catch a TON of flack when peopel asked him "so what are you getting the wife for Christmas this year?" "You got her WHAT? Oooooh she's gonna be soooo upset!! You are dead meat! You should have gotten her jewelry, chocolates, etc etc." Nope, I was ecstatic!
So this year, under my tree was another nice sized box but it had me pretty baffled. Josh had just bought me a brand new home, I counted that as a very significant Christmas present, and I couldn't recall mentioning wanting much else besides this beautiful home (with a roof *wink*). Josh mentioned he'd been catching flack from people who'd asked "So what did you get the wife for Christmas this year?" and that had me laughing from previous experience but even more perplexed. Well, as you can probably now guess from the above picture, Josh got me a new sink for Christmas! And not just any old sink...he got me the exact black granite sink that I'd dreamed of and then gotten when we did our huge remodel in Idaho two years ago...and then I'd been so sad to leave when we unexpectedly moved the following year. It was another one of those practical but absolutely WANTED gifts and I was so excited!! So above is the picture of my new sink. Josh got it all installed today and it looks gorgeous!! Once I've had a chance to catch up on the after Christmas cleaning, I'll take a wider shot of the kitchen so you can see how beautiful it looks with our stainless and black appliances.
Thank you, honey, for knowing me so well!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I think that's pretty cool actually. It's something you get to see and enjoy every day too.
Glad you found a good house too!

Anonymous said...

that is better than a toilet
Love you
us

Alicia said...

Hey! Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Karen,
Happy Birthday to you!!!
(this is great cause you don't know that I can't sing! Well, now you do:)
Have a good one! Maybe you'll get another Home Depot style present!!!:)

Anonymous said...

It looks great and I completely see you fully appreciating it as a gift and not just saying so :)

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas in your beautiful new home.