Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009



Today is a poignant day to jump back on the blogging train. I've been a tad absent here lately and for a special reason. I was helping a wonderful woman realize of her dream of celebrating her very first Mother's Day today! One year ago this weekend, Joshua and I agreed to help Gabby and Charlie become parents. And now I'd like to introduce Mason and Ethan...the two little miracles I carried for the last nine months and then delivered into their loving Mommy and Daddy's arms just over two weeks ago.




The new family is doing absolutely wonderful! Mommy and Daddy are understandably tired but over the moon...and Mason and Ethan are growing like weeds and wrapping their parents around their teensy pinkie fingers.


My heart is so full this Mother's Day. I just spent a great month with my own mom as she came out here to help take care of my family in the last weeks of this pregnancy. I'm absolutely blessed by our own three monkeys, and so thankful to have my amazing husband who always tells me what a great mom I am especially when I feel I might not be. And I'm honored to have been a part in two other women being able to celebrate Mother's Day today when they might not have been able to otherwise.


So as I listen to my monkeys giggling in the backyard, I want to wish all of the mothers I know the happiest day imaginable...you deserve it for all that you do for your kiddos!!!


~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~



And for some Mother's Day fun, click on this link. A dear friend sent this to me and it just cracked me up...it was really thoughtful and terribly funny as it looks SO REAL!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Karen!!!
You have changed our lives forever and we cannot thank you enough for you and your family's generosity to help us realize the dream of our little guys!
We hope you had a perfect day!
~Gabby & Charlie

Carrie Roske said...

Karen-
You never cease to inspire and amaze me! It's been years since we've chatted/seen each other but I still love to follow the adventures of you and your beautiful family through all the ups and downs that life sends your way. You are truly one of the strongest most generous women I've ever known. I am in awe of how you've been able to help not one, but two women become mommies. As all us mothers know, it is an awesome gift you've been able to give them. You are so amazing! I hope you had a fabulous mother's day, you certainly deserve it!!!
~Carrie~