Sunday, October 18, 2009

suzy homemaker

So I'm very proud of myself...I made two crock pot meals this weekend and they turned out AWESOME! Saturday morning I put a pot of pinto beans on to get happy. We headed out to Bass Pro Shops to get the boys their Halloween costumes (ughh that didn't go so well, but we got some cute pictures out front anyway).



When we got home and walked in the front door, the house smelled AMAZING!! Here's the end result...

I also dusted off my sewing machine this weekend. It's been FOREVER since I actually attacked a real sewing project (other than fixing Trev's blankie or mending a missing button). We decided that the boys are going to be fishermen this year for Halloween, and after being horrified at the $70 Bass Pro Shops wanted for two fishing vests and two fishing hats, Josh came up with the plan that I could sew them for the boys. I was hesitant, but decided to give it a go...so I got $22 worth of supplies at the fabric store and dove in last night. Here's a pic Emilee snapped of me. Stay tuned for more finished product pics in a later post.

I'd shopped for all of the ingredients for another crock pot meal earlier in the week, so I decided to quickly throw it in before we headed out the door to church this morning. Another home run in crock pot land...may I present Smashed Potato Soup (Weight Watchers style)!

I really am looking forward to using my crock pot like crazy in the next several months. It makes a wonderful homey feeling to have a pot of something cooking away...a warm meal ready for dinner, and the house smelling yummy all day long.

1 comment:

Mrs.Oz said...

being domestic can feel so darn good! :)
what is that second recipe?