Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Special Weekend!

I've become incredibly close with my neighbor, Jamie, over this past year...and our husbands have become fast friends as well. Weekend before last the guys cooked up a plan to send us ladies away for a "break" from the kiddos and life at home. Jamie was flabbergasted as being sent out of town was a first for her, and though I was surprised, it wasn't a terribly foreign concept for Joshua to come up with an elaborate surprise break out of town for me. So for three nights over Memorial Day weekend, Jamie and I flew off to San Antonio and we had THE.MOST.AMAZING.TIME! We were greeted at our hotel by this from our hubbys... and spent time by the peaceful pool reading our books and enjoying our treat.
We hung out on the Riverwalk and enjoyed lunch waterside. (Gabby also made the drive to meet us and hang out for the day...but I didn't get a nice picture with her *boo*.)
Posing on a bridge on the Riverwalk...
Jamie was tickled by the Texas shaped waffles on the hotel breakfast bar!
And we enjoyed some amazing chinese takeout while relaxing in our room doing NOTHING hahaha!
And while Jamie and I were blissfully recharging hundreds of miles away (we also saw a movie, took a riverboat cruise and watched waaaaay too much Bridezilla on tv haha!), Joshua and the kids and Jamie's husband and our other neighbor, Bill, decided to get energetic and build an entire pergola for our backyard!! Jamie and I were shocked the guys would tackle such a huge project while they were home with all 4 monkeys...but as you can see, they did an amazing job! We now have a wonderful upgrade to our backyard, complete with mister system to help cut the icky summer heat!

Joshua, thank you for being so generous to send us ladies away to recharge AND for creating such an awesome project for our entire family (and neighbors!) to enjoy!! You are THE BEST!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Love this post! I had so much fun with you on our girls weekend :-) I am looking forward to our next trip!!!

Mrs.Oz said...

Okay..i'm so having my husband read this post. i'm not going to tell him a thing about it, i'm going to have HIM read it.:)

Cécile said...

It was so nice to read these updates. I am also jealous (but its mainly my fault): I wish I could go and hang out with you under that very nice pergola (wow Josh and neighbours!)

Bravo Trevor!!!

And I'm so in admiration with Emilee's dedication!

Its very cute, Carter's fascination with flowers... how will that natural attraction will translate in the future has me completely jaw hanging !

xxxxx
take care all luv