Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Someone just has to be making this stuff up...


So I have another installment of "Nothing Goes According to Plan For Our Family...EVER". But I do have to say something else first. Please continue to stay tuned for all of those missing posts from November and December I promised you last week. I did NOT get to work on them as our family blissfully *cough* sailed along the 1400+ miles that it is from OK to ID because my computer decided to flip out and not recognize any camera SD cards I put in the slot. Soooo that little (big) project will have to wait until I get my USB cable from the movers and I can attempt to extract my pics and movies that way. Oh, the movers...funny I should mention that...

Ok hang on though. I should update. We are HERE! We made it to Boise on Monday night. It was a L.O.N.G. drive lasting FOUR "just a tad too long" days. But Joshua and I, the three monkeys, the dog and the hermit crabs (along with toooo many suitcases) pulled into our new hometown and headed straight for our house. Our wonderful realtor met us there with Welcome Home gift basket in hand and adorable "Idaho" key chains swinging from the house keys. We got to show the monkeys around their new digs and seeing their excited faces made us feel alot better after the rough day we all had saying goodbye to dear friends on Friday.

We snuggled into a hotel and spent Tuesday running a few Home Depot-ish errands, killing time waiting for our furniture delivery which was to be Wednesday or Thursday. We were supposed to hear an update from our truck driver Tuesday, but he didn't return Joshua's call so Joshua called the company directly this morning and was met with this brief message, "Well, the driver has quit and we sorta don't know where he or the truck or the trailer with your stuff is. We'll let you know something when we know something."

Seriously!!! What secret magnetic chip do we have that just attracts this stuff to us?! I think people have started to doubt our stories, because at this point, I would doubt my stories if I wasn't living them lol!

So we have been left for the better part of today, wondering where our stuff was and if we'd ever get it. Trevor being our technical and methodical monkey, wanted to know exactly what that meant per our moving contract. "Well, son, if our stuff is truly lost, the moving company cuts us a $50,000 check and we start over." Trev just sorta wandered away pondering that and I attempted to push THAT amusing scenario out of my mind.

And if I hadn't lost my internet access this afternoon, that would have been the end of today's update for you. But luckily, a bit more time elapsed before I was able to get back online and hit "publish"...so here's some relief from the cliffhanger.

This afternoon, Joshua got another call. They are pretty sure they've found our stuff, and they are working on coordinating a new driver to get to our stuff and get our stuff to us. This still leaves several days of us WAITING in this hotel, but at least it appears our stuff is not GONE. Now let's just pray that it gets here before Christmas Eve as I have some VERY important cargo that needs to go under the tree in the back of that semi.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh lady. I am starting to think that you are making things up. LOLOL Just kidding. I know this kind of stuff happens to you. Life just throws you more kinks to deal with. I am glad they found your stuff and I am sure you will have it all before Christmas. I miss you so much :-(

studio pashnada said...

Mom shared this link with me. WOW!! you certainly seem to have a good attitude about it!

Alicia said...

you are going to be so happy to get settled i think:)