Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!


Just wanted to share one of my Mother's Day gifts.  Several special people worked together to create this for me and I *LOVE IT*!!!  It showcases my three beautiful monkeys that I'm so proud of, and it makes me feel pretty darn special that a lot of hard work went into it!  I also have to point out, that the calligraphy was done by Emilee.  At first I just read "Kids" and I thought it looked professionally printed, but then I read the whole thing and Emilee explained that she freehanded it.  (I omitted the top box with our last name, but you'll have to imagine it written in beautiful scrawl.) WOW!  Nice job, girlie!!  I can't wait to get it hung in a place of honor in our new home in Texas next month. 

Even though Joshua had to take off early for work this morning and we missed him, the monkeys and I had a nice day today (and don't worry, Joshua took me out for a very yummy dinner with friends last night).  We went for a bit of retail therapy (read...I had a 30% off from Kohl's burning a hole in my pocket lol and everyone is in need of summer stuff) and then we went to the pool for the afternoon.  Emilee and I sat on the side of the pool and had a very nice chat for a bit as we watched the boys play in the water.  The boys called out lots of "Mom, watch!!" as they did their tricks and jumps and splashes in the pool and it hit me how special that is.  They won't call out to me to watch their every trick for long and it was just an awesome moment to soak in...my very grown up daughter hanging out with me and my two boys happily playing and still thinking I was the most important person they want to see their tricks.  It was a perfect Mother's Day afternoon!!

Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Such a sweet gift. And she seriously freehanded it?!? She is talented! Get her crafting on Etsy! She could handwrite wedding invitation addresses or something!