Saturday, August 4, 2012

4th Leg -- HOME!

Our last leg was probably the most stressful. The first 4 hours of eight were more white-knuckle type driving. The severe weather in Oklahoma extended south into Texas and continued that morning. I could barely see the road most of the time. Luckily I was following Joshua towing the trailer. I kept my eyes on that bike rack (which was all I could make out alot of the time) and just prayed that he stayed out of the ditch so that I did too. Finally on the other side of Dallas the skies cleared off. We pulled into our new neighborhood that afternoon and excitedly showed our monkeys our new home! (Tour of the house to come in a later post!)

Since I didn't show this at the start of our moving story, I thought I'd post these now...a few of the moving truck pictures. Here's the packers/movers loading up the truck in Boise. The company did a fantastic job this time. After our disaster of lost/abandonded/broken belongings last move, we got the star treatment this time. The owner of the company came and oversaw everything this time.
The big trick of this move was getting our boat down to Texas. I had my doubts, but they pulled it off...here's how you pack a boat into a moving truck!

Our beloved "Pink and Paid For" ready and waiting...
Have flatbed tow truck come and lift the boat to truck deck level...
Carefully push boat into truck (because there was less than two inches clearance on the wheels...
"Pink" all tucked in and secured for the long ride to Texas!
The moving truck pulling away from the curb in Boise...
And everything safely arrived and being unloaded in Texas! (Not sure if you can see it, but Carter has a frog in his hand that he packed around for HOURS while the men were unloading lol!)
We were very blessed that Joshua's company provides us with "packers" so I'm not tasked with getting everything boxed. The moving company just comes in and in one day POOF, my house goes from normal to completely boxed! It's nuts! Anyway, as much as this is wonderful, you never know what went into which box...and you end up pulling some pretty crazy combinations out of boxes (like a shoe, a dog toy and some kitchen dishes). Well this was my favorite box. It was one of the last ones done with odds and ends in it. I'd bought a few boxes of baking soda to put in the appliances so they didn't sour during the move and one was leftover. These moving guys ummmm, usually aren't of the highest education (albiet they are SUPER nice!)...so this is how the last box was labeled...

No comments: