Sunday, December 9, 2012

Vegas, Baby!!!

In October, Joshua was invited to a customer appreciation event by Freightliner and at the last minute he was told he could bring me along.  So we were able to get Mom and Dad to come out to watch the monkeys and Joshua and I got a four day getaway!  Between Joshua's company and Freightliner, we were treated like royalty the whole trip.  (I sure hope that my sharing does not come across as bragging.  I'm crazy humbled by the luxuries we get to enjoy on occasion nowadays. Between Joshua's crazy hard work paying off and his company being just downright amazing anyway,  we are soooo lucky it just boggles my mind!  So please know that as I share our adventures, I'm thinking "looky here, guys, can you believe this stuff? cuz I can't!" lol.)

So our trip started off in First Class...no better way to catch up on photo editing for long overdue blog posts than to be enjoying a yummy margarita and warm nuts!
Toward the end of our flight from Houston to Las Vegas we flew over the Hoover Dam and I was able to snap this cool shot.
We stayed at the beautiful Bellagio
We got some time to walk around on the strip.  We saw a Pirate show right along the side of the road and snapped this picture for pirate-obsessed Carter...
And Joshua loved the ceiling of the Venetian...
But Joshua's favorite was the World's Largest Chocolate Fountain.  It's 27 feet tall and it was located right inside the Bellagio in one of their pastry shops.  (You might want to click on the picture and enlarge it so you can see the crazy awesome details.  They didn't use mirrors as the picture seems.  The upper portion is the underside of the pools and streams.  It really is AMAZING!!)
In the morning, Joshua woke me up by using the remote control to open the curtains (seriously?! remote control curtains?!)...

And brought me yummy fancy coffee with a little "B" stopper.
The official "appreciation" was a surprise dinner event.  We got all dressed up for it.  I think this is the fanciest we've ever dressed up except for our weddings!  It was really fun to get all dolled up, and I didn't even fall over in my heels lol!
The theme of the event was Mission Impossible style, and Freightliner spared no detail!  This is what greeted us as we walked into the grand ballroom.
They had photo op stations, where we could take pictures with Secret Agents...
And this is the only picture we remembered to take of the food, which was crazy amazing!  The main dish was Chilean Sea Bass.  I've never had it before and WOW, it was just to die for!
After the dinner, a surprise guest was to perform.  They did a fantastic job keeping his name under wraps before the party...and we were all floored when Keith Urban walked out on stage and gave an intimate performance for our crowd of 150ish people.
We were seriously 10 feet from K.E.I.T.H U.R.B.A.N.!!!!!  He gives an outstanding performance!

No comments: