Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This week at CVS


More FUN FUN FUN as I save tons of $$ (and get out of the house for a little alone time too!)

Here's the long and the short of this week's CVS run...
I got ALL of what's pictured for about $2.72!

Now here's the details. I did three transactions. Each utilized sale prices, manufacturer coupons and store dollar rebates (remember those are called ECBs).

#1
2 pkg hearing aide batteries on BOGO free 14.59
2 mother's day cards 1.99
2 pkg rolaids 4.38

used 2.00 manufacturer coupon on batteries
used 1.00 and 10.98 ECB from previous shopping trip
used 3.00 off 15.00 CVS coupon

total 3.97

ECBs earned 4.00


#2
2 colgate toothbrushes 7.98
2 aquafresh toothpastes 5.98
1 nail glue 1.99
1 reese's pnut butter cup .79
used (2) 1.00 colgate coupons
used (2) 1.00 aquafresh coupons
used 9.00 previous ECBs
used 3.00 off 15.00 CVS coupon

total 0.74

ECBs earned 13.96


#3
2 colgate toothbrushes 7.98
1 aquafresh toothpaste 2.99
1 tums quik pak 4.69
1 nail glue 1.99

used 1.oo aquafresh coupon
used 1.00 colgate coupon
used 7.99 previous ECB
used 3.00 off 15.00 CVS coupon

total 4.66

ECBs earned 20.66

So for a total of $69.93 in stuff, after using old ECBs and earning new ECBs, I paid just $2.72!!!! Since Josh totally needed the hearing aide batteries, I feel VERY justified in getting $28 worth of batteries and all that other stuff and spending just under $3 out of pocket.

So anyone else having fun at CVS lately??!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

yeah, i did good but should have done separate transactions but I had a grumpy checker...:*
I loved all the free stuff! Just wish it was closer to us.

Denise Sawyer said...

Awesome job!!
I had a sweet old lady checker this week that was really into my savings!

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Just wanted to send a belated Happy Mother's Day to you, Karen, as well as let you know how much I am enjoying your blog site. Your savings makes me wish we had a CVS here but I think that we would have to go to Denver to take advantage. Give the kids hugs and kisses for us and I will talk/write to you later. Hope all is well with you, Love, Grandma Cathy

Karen said...

Nice to see you pop by Cathy! Happy Mother's Day back at ya! I am trying to post my Target/Walmart deals too and you should be able to take advantage of them at least.