Saturday, July 5, 2008

CVS 6/29-7/5


Ughhhh I've been off the CVS bandwagon--I've been sooo busy and the deals haven't been awesome so I've skipped it for about 4 weeks. BUT today I pulled myself and my coupons together as I had $12.99 in ECB that expired today and I was NOT going to toss $13 down the drain. It wasn't the greatest trip. My store was out of the tampons, the mascara and the sunscreen face sticks...all FREE deals. But I still did good! I got free pantyliners, two packages of pads for 99c (cashier rang up $6.39 off the pads for the BOGO instead of $4.49 so I got a nice surprise overage on that), free lifesavers candy, a gallon of milk and loaned Trevor ECBs to buy a toy boat with (that he'll pay me cash back for---a new way to roll ECBs lol...roll 'em with your kids' allowance!)...and it cost 17c out of pocket after my $12.99 ECBs. And I walked out with $3.48 in new ECBs and my $1.50 ECB for spring spending (that printed out of my trusty CVS scanner thingy) and Trevor owing me $5. So for just over four and a half dollars I got a bunch of lady stuff, milk, candy and a toy boat...not bad once again!!!


And to see more great deals like I posted here today, stop on by The Centsible Sawyer at http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/ and see more frugal shoppers like me posting their fun at CVS from this week!


Sidebar complaint for this week~~ MSM told everyone to watch out for $4/$20 that were hitting email inboxes on 7/3 for 7/4 only savings...and on 7/3 I had nothing *pout*. I figured I'd been passed over again on these cool email coupons that I always read about other people getting. Then when we got home Friday night from fireworks at 10pm I had a new CVS email in my inbox with that special $4/$20...it was sent at 8pm on 7/4 and only good for 7/4...ughhh! No fair giving me TWO HOURS to spend it!! I'm going to call customer service on Monday and ask for a new coupon and hopefully a fix to their "late" delivery system.

No comments: