Thursday, July 24, 2008

Organizing my coupons





I've had several people ask me how I keep my coupons organized so here goes.
I use a padded, zippered binder that I got at Target for about $10 to keep all of my coupons and money saving stuff in one spot. It has an accordian file on the front that I keep all of my CVS receipts (so I can find them for rebates and keep track of my limits reached on items), weekly and monthly fliers, restaurant coupons and misc money saving papers. And inside the "binder" section, I slid out the 3-ring part and basically just have a zippered storage section. In here I keep a manilla folder labeled with each Sunday's date of coupon inserts. This way when I read on MSM or CS or HCW referencing a certain coupon from a certain dated insert, I can flip right to it. Also, each week when I get my inserts from the Sunday paper, I do clip the coupons I know I will use or I want to have with me EVERY time I'm in ANY store...things like diapers or cereal or favorite foods that I always buy...and I keep those in a small 3x5 accordian file that stays in my diaper bag. That way I'm sure to have those on hand and not miss the opportunity to use a coupon on things I always buy. I also file the misc internet printed coupons that I don't immediately use in this 3x5 file.


No comments: