Saturday, August 16, 2008

CVS for the week of 8/10 to 8/16


What else can I say but...another fantastic week at CVS! I may not get as many items as you see on other blogs out there as I've decided to be very picky about getting only what our family needs (unless it gets me $overage$) but darn I'm having fun and continuing to get stuff for nearly FREE or MORE THAN FREE!!

So without further ado...

Alavert was $5.99
Face wash was $6.99
Sunscreen was $1.99
Beauty Magazine $0.99 (forgot to stick it in the picture)

Minus
$2/$10
$2 face wash coupon (from Beauty mag)
$2 skin care coupon (for the sunscreen from Beauty Mag)
$4 Alavert coupon
$5.79 ECB from last week

OOP = $0.17

AND~~~I came away with a new $5 ECB from the face wash and a $3 ECB from the Alavert! So once you factor in the ECBs I spent and the ECBs I earned and that cute little $0.17 in pennies I used at the register...this week I made a profit of $2.04 from "buying" the above items at CVS!!!

I just have to share that I got my favorite "nice" checker today when I went to CVS. He's always so helpful and doesn't moan when I have a couple transactions and stacks of coupons. Today he smiled and shook his head and said "You drive me nuts!" and I gasped and thought that he was upset finally by my checkout craziness. I apologized and he said said "No, I just can't figure out HOW you do that (get a $0.17 total) all the time!" I laughed and told him I could show him how to do it one day if he wanted. And then he told me that he really does like when I come in because I am an honest coupon-er and don't try to commit fraud and get him in trouble. Then he told me of a lady who's been coming in lately with "$100 off any shopping trip" or "$100 off any cigarette purchase" CVS coupons. They are obviously doctored on a program like Paint he said, and he's been refusing them, but I was just shocked! Some people!!

Anywhooo, if you want to see more crazies like me and the shopping trips they had fun with this week visit these two sites!!
MoneySavingMom
TheCenstibleSawyer
And THANK YOU to the two fellow bloggers who helped me figure out how to turn my http blah blah links into nice clickable words!! I appreciate the tutelage!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Well done! I love those itty bitty OOPs. :) And hooray for great cashiers.

Holly said...

I've just figured out how to do the link myself. Just highlight the word that you want to be the link while typing your post and there is a little link that you press next to all the font color & size buttons. It should open up a window to type in the website address that will attach to you word. Hope that made sense!