Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two things I love...


...in the order they happened today.

I wanted to take some pictures of our house all snowed on, instead of the pictures I'd shot out our front door of the neighbors' houses, so I bundled up and headed out with my camera. It was soooo still and quiet when I shut the front door. I headed down the driveway and into the street so I could get a good view of the house. "Crunch, crunch, crunch..." As I walked on the new snow I heard that familiar sound of the snow squishing beneath my tennis shoes. Instantly I was smiling and thinking of our beloved Idaho and my brain was saying "I LOVE THAT SOUND!!!" The silence of the new fallen snow and the crunch of it under my feet...Things I Love #1.



And of course, what better thing to do when the monkeys are out of school on a snow day, than to head outside and PLAY in it! After breakfast was done we all bundled up. I wasn't sure how that was going to go with Carter as he is usually very adamant about wearing his favorite coat and favorite hat, neither of which are "play in the snow" thickness. But amazingly, we got him in his heavy coat, a warm hat AND mittens without one fuss...and out the door we headed. All of us had a blast! We made sleds and taboggins out of cardboard boxes and plastic storage tubs (yup, you can call us pathetic rednecks...we got rid of all of that good snow stuff when we headed to TX) and the big monkeys took turns pulling each other and Carter up and down the streets. It was Carter's first snow and he had so much fun running around in it, but the little OCD goof did get upset when he got snow on his shoes or mittens...he doesn't like crumbs or messy stuff on him. Sadly, when we went back out to play after nap and lunch the snow was getting slushy already...and the neighbors say this was probably it for the year. Oh well though, I had a wonderful day playing with the kids...Things That I Love #2.

No comments: