Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What is sleet, anyway?

Snow, sleet, freezing rain, wintry mix...ice storm, snow storm, winter storm...so many names! I still can't grasp the difference between sleet and freezing rain...but oh well. We are having most of the above today, all rolled into one package in my professional opinion. Makes for pretty dangerous roads (yup, Josh went to work anyway...waiting to hear that he got there in one piece)...school is closed...but the view outside my window is one of my favorites...WHITE!! Not six inches like I'd prefer, but white nonetheless. So we are all snuggled in homebound for the day. Em is of course still in bed at 8:30 this morning, Trev is happily playing his gameboy and Carter...well, he's Carter...up and around and terrorizing as usual (after being up half the night wide awake...can't wait for naptime!). Maybe I'll bake something today...or make more soup. Josh has been making wonderful soups lately and I've been LOVING that! Yup, definitely feels like a soup day :-).

PS. Josh just emailed...he got there fine phew!



(view out my front window)
(Carter of course undressed, no matter the weather...hanging out with Brother)
(the backyard)

No comments: