Saturday, March 28, 2009

Catchin' up!

This is going to be a hodge podge post, catching up some stuff I've wanted to share for a bit that deserve much more attention but I've lost most of my energy to give a complete post to each...so here we go!


Em wanted me to take this pic...she helped pull all of the empty boxes out of the "wine protection facility" once we'd unpacked them onto the newly built shelves...and this is where we found her when we came up the stairs.

Gabby and Charlie sent us a gift certificate to Super Suppers (a place where you pre build dinners and then take them home to freeze...ready to pull out defrost and quickly cook when you want) so I could have a bit of a break in the making dinner department as I'm getting fatter and crankier so close to the end. Here's a DELICIOUS tilapia dinner I "made" the other night.
How it looks coming out of my freezer...all nicely packaged in separate steps with directions.
Cooking the fish and rice ready to reheat (and sauce ready to add to the fish once it's done).
The beautiful plate just before I devoured it! I really recommend these make ahead dinner places if you have one near you. It's about $10 per meal...more expensive than bargain grocery shopping and doing it yourself, but TONS cheaper than going out to eat...so it's a nice compromise.

Midnight...104 degree fever...littlest monkey finally passed out in Daddy's chair...too cute to pass up the photo op!

Trev helping out Emilee...she's in the middle of a science project for school...what makes plants happiest?...watering them with water, coffee or lemonade? (I'll keep you posted on the results!)

A cute shot of Carter...naked (he refuses to wear clothes most of the time)...holding his "Bear" with Blankey (yup, same blanket Trev packed around for years)...sitting on his chair (the one he drags all over the house to help him climb anything he can't scale with just his arms and legs).

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Fun to catch up with you!
Did you know that over at the cuteset blog sight they now have a few different monkey templates??? I thought of you. It's the easiest way to do a blog cute. They give you instructions but if you need help let me know.
I propped up the broken computer to use it for a while since I got tired of waiting for Rick to get a new one. It works but the screen hangs by wires so I have it all propped up on my nightstand. We'll see how long that lasts.

Alicia said...

cutest....that is

Alicia said...

Love it!

Tammy said...

The kids are adorable.
You sound busy but also uncharacteristically tired.
Where's the new belly shot? How much longer do you think?