Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's not REALLY a tornado shelter...


It's our alcohol protection facility...or more properly...WINE CELLAR!! We finally got to "working on" the storm shelter today (tornado season is coming ya know?!). First project was building the shelves under the stairs for all of Josh's wine--and they came out great! I was surprised how quickly they came together, and how well our many, many years of wine accumulation fit (there's over 170 bottles of wine). We have some of what we made years ago from Grandma's vineyard, some that Josh collected when he was trucking for the California wine industry and some from when Josh was doing his in-home wine tasting business. And then also down there with all of the wine is my tequila and vodka and mixes for my girly drinks!


Next installment will be...actually stocking the storm shelter for storm necessities...tho some would say we actually have all we need down there already *wink*.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Yeah, just don't bring the kids I guess!:*
Rick and I just watched a fun flick.."Bottle Shock". You might like it.
I'm on a borrowed computer still so I won't get to come back for a while but let me know if you like it.
Have you ever had DiSaranno ?
It is so good! I actually found that the Albertson's knock off just an amaretto is very comparable.