Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Run, Forrest, Run!!!

The first of the year rolled around and Josh decided it was time to lose a few pounds and start exercising...so he started Weight Watchers and started running. 10 weeks later he's lost 24 pounds and this past Saturday he competed in his very first 5k run! I am so proud of him!!! The 5k was a fundraiser for the big monkeys' school and we all went to cheer Daddy on. He did great...he placed 16th in his age group, 151st out of all the guys and 214th for the whole race...out of about 1200 competitors. Not too shabby when 10 weeks earlier he was having trouble running from gate to gate to catch a flight! Now, I can't wait until I'm able to join him in a couple of months...maybe we'll even do a 5k together!


Josh stretching before the race

The white arrow is pointing to Josh, two seconds after he went across the finish line

1 comment:

Alicia said...

wow, way to go josh! I can tell you look healthier!
I swear, it's seemly easier for guys though.:)
I'm working on a running goal but just starting. I cheer for myself when I can run through a whole five minutes right now!:)