Monday, July 27, 2009

Coupon shopping 7/27




Here's pictures of today's fun!! (I added a pic of my receipt from today cuz a friend of mine joked that she didn't believe that I got all of that stuff for just $4, so that one's for you *wink*.)

I went to Homeland for the first time armed with coupons, today. I'm not overly impressed with it as a general grocery store, but I've reconsidered shopping there as I've recently found a couple of bloggers who are putting together the coupon matches for me...and the couponing is AWESOME since Homeland doubles coupons!! I also hit CVS, hoping to score all of the free back-to-school stuff but came out mostly with rain checks...oh well, it'll be there later, still free!

Even though you can read the receipt (click on the pic for a large view to read the fine print), I'll give ya a breakdown...

rhodes rolls...$2.69, $1/1 doubled to $2...69c
sour cream...$1.25, 45c/1 doubled to 90c...35c
easy mac...89c each, $1/2 doubled to $2...22c overage
3 musketeers...77c each, one free coupon plus $1/2 doubled to $1.54 (this one caught the overage)...FREE
secret...$1.50, $1/1 doubled to $2...50c overage
cinnabon...$2.00, $1/1 doubled to $2...FREE
tony's pizza...99c each, $1/2 doubled to $2...2c overage
smart waters...75c each, $1/2 doubled to $2...50c overage
potatoes $2.49 (this was a need for dinner, not an awesome deal)

tampons...$1.89 (earns $1.89ECB)...free
comp books...99c each (earns $1.98ECB)...free
colgate...$2.88 (earns $2ECB), $1/1 coupon...22c overage

After some tax and last week's ECBs, I spent $4.14 for everything in the picture and I have about $6ECB new to use for next week at CVS!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wowzers! Nice haul :-) See, its fun shopping at Homeland! Did you go to the far away one or the 178th and santa fe one?

Mrs.Oz said...

i did my cvs run tonight and only had to get three rainchecks. but hey, at least they do them! Our Longs just turned to CVS and I honestly think people don't know what they are missing so the supply has been pretty good. I know they will catch on soon probably.
good job on your runs!