Sunday, August 30, 2009

Coupon deals!


This picture's title is "FREE"!!! Everything in this picture I got for free, and actually the pens I got a 30c "overage" on each package. Every item was acquired for free using target website coupons (and maybe stacked with a manufacturer coupon). Mostly a scenario like this...cereal cup $1, use a $1 off general mills coupon = FREE!



This picture is of my first couponing expedition of this new week (week 8/30-9/5). I needed diapers by early next week and had been debating when to buy them. I was sitting on several manufacturer's coupons for $1.50/1 package, plus several target website coupons for $1.50/1, plus a $5 off $25 baby purchase snail mail target coupon...all stackable with each other. $25 is around 3 single packages of diapers, so I'd been planning to get 3, and stack 3 of each type of coupon. BUT the issue I was debating was WHEN to buy them. The diapers are regularly priced $9.97 but often go on sale for $8.99. Last week they were regular price so I decided to hang on for Sunday's ad, praying they'd go on sale...AND THEY DID!!! I was so stinking excited this morning when I opened the paper to read my ads real quickly before getting out the door at 8am for church. So here's the deal I was able to get...

3 packages of diapers... 8.99x3
minus $5/$25
minus (3)1.50 MQs
minus (3)1.50 target web Qs
equaled $4.32 per package or 5.3c per diaper (I usually end up paying about 20c per diaper so this was a HUGE deal!)

The bananas, cereal and bread were free (more target web coupons) and the dishwasher tabs were 4.29 and I had a 1.00 target web coupon and a 50c manufacturer coupon...so 2.79 or 14c each (which beats Sams by 2c each)!

2 comments:

Mrs.Oz said...

way to go! i need to get on the ball more. i've been distracted with school starting and projects. we are painting the kids bathroom! Bye to blue, in with chocolate! Don't worry..i'm sure it's going to be awesome. I saw a friend do it and i loved it. The sink vanity is getting a shabby chic white job and there is a great white shabby shelf going up that a friend gave me. Did you guys use a glossy paint in there BTW? I don't know if you will remember.

Karen said...

LOL I'm not worried about the blue hitting the road! That project was from YEARS ago, when Em was sooo into Blues Clues (you shoulda seen the BC shower curtain and border we had up in there lol). I *love* the idea about chocolate and the wordword going white!! I am not 100% sure about the paint, but I'm pretty sure it would have been a semi-gloss as I can't stand high gloss but would have followed the recommendation for at least some gloss as it's a bathroom. Make sure you share pics somewhere after the project is done!!