Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sushi, sod stripes and shelves


I've shared shushi pics before, but I had to share again. Josh made us sushi last weekend and I just wanted to toot his horn at how good he's getting! He's even branched out from regular rolls to nigiri. Since all of us love it (well, except Carter of course) it's great that we can make it at home as it's soooo much cheaper than going out. Josh even bought us special little dipping plates so we can dip our sushi in appropriate containers. And the big monkeys love to use the "kid chopsticks" you can see in the picture that came with the PF Changs takeout we got when Mason and Ethan were born (thanks Gabby and Charlie and grandparents!!).


So this picture is a tribute to my-husband-the-awesome-lawn-guy! Josh has been working really hard on our lawn this year. We've finally figured out the right type and schedule of fertilizer to use and it's totally paid off...our lawn is beautiful and soft and GREEN! We've never had a lawn this happy before! And Josh has also started taking the time to make pretty lines in the lawn as he mows it...yanno what I'm talking about right?...the pretty lines that you see in "those yards" as you drive by a freshly professionally manicured lawn. Well, I have one of "those yards" now...and my husband did it all himself! Thank you, honey!!!

When Josh was on vacation a couple of weeks ago he decided to tackle some garage organization. As you can see, it was a bit of a mess and taking up alot of floor space...

So he framed together a base (don't ask me what Carter's expression is about lol)...

This is Josh cutting the chain we used to hang it from the rafters. Carter loved this part and called it "fireworks"!

And here's the after shots. We put up one large shelf on each side of the garage.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok....YUM! I want some of that sushi! lol He makes it look so professional!! I wish we could cook like Josh :-D

Mrs.Oz said...

WOW! Kudos to Josh! Hey, I love th sushi! How does he do it? I love it but we only get to go out now and then. I know it has to be particular fish too. I'm seriously wanting to make it at home too. Can he do a guest post and put his meathods and recipes?
You're lawn looks amazing! Ours is the gathering and stomping ground of all the neighbor hood kids. In other words....it's green but thats about it.