Monday, August 3, 2009

Freebies and Cheapies!!




What a wonderful Monday!! I got to run errands today with the two big monkeys while Carter slept and Josh enjoyed some of his time off via playing a favorite old computer game. It was nice to spend the time with them and nice to hop in and out of the car quickly (not having to get Carter in and out of his carseat and into strollers and shopping cart buckles etc).

So I started off by hitting Redbox with my Monday free movie rental code and picked up "Knowing" (Josh's request, I have no idea what it's about but I'm happy to enjoy watching any movie with him). Then I hopped into McDonalds (since I was in their parking lot getting the movie) and grabbed my free iced mocha in honor of Mocha Mondays.

Then we hit two CVSs and Homeland for the "thru Monday only" freebies and deals. I have a STACK of rain checks for all the free school supplies that CVS is offering again this week (YAY!) but I was able to get a couple of freebies that were in stock, especially a cereal rain check I've been carrying around for weeks.

So here's what's pictured...

Frozen chicken on sale for $3.99, double $1/1 coupon...$1.99
Frozen rolls $2.69, double $1/1 coupon...69c
Velveeta on sale for $3.99, double $1/1 coupon...$1.99

Cereal $3/10, (3) $2/1 coupons, $5ECB wyb 3...$1 profit
Stayfree $5 each, BOGO free coupon, $1/1 coupon, $5ECB wyb 2...$1 profit
Bookcovers 99c each, 99c ECB each...free

So out of pocket today I got a free fancy coffee, free movie rental, spent about $5 and came home with more ECBs than I walked in with.

2 comments:

Mrs.Oz said...

Yeah, that free cereal was great.
How are you doing the free redbox? Knowing is one I want to see. It's something about the end of the world and numbers and somebody save us cause we're all going to die. Thank you Nicolas Cage, you are a hero, we shall call you "Mathman". No, really, I want to see it too. :)
I heard that this monday is the last of the free mochas too. Did you like them? I think maybe our McD's stunk at making them.

Jamie said...

I am glad you were finally able to find 3 boxes of cereal in the same location, lol.