Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Monkeys Hit The Slopes!

One of the best parts of moving to Idaho is the SNOW! And one of the best parts about the snow is SKIING! We got to go up and try out our local ski resort today. We are by no means accomplished skiers...Joshua and I skied as teens. Then we took Em and Trev twice when we lived in Idaho 5 years ago. And Carter's never been. So we are very happy on the bunny hill. And this resort is awesome...it has two magic carpets and one slow lift in their beginner area. So it was the perfect place for our family to hang out!!

Soooo first thing was first. Carter, meet Mr. Ed, ski instructor extraordinaire! Carter got to go to ski school! "Bye, Mom! I'm going with my ski teacher, see you later!!"

And much to my horror, the first thing Mr. Ed did was take Carter up on the CHAIR LIFT...no, not the nice slow safe magic carpet, but the darn chair lift! But as expected, Carter did awesome and Mr. Ed was a great teacher!! He had our littlest monkey sliding down the slope like a pro.

Since our baby was handling the chair lift, we also hopped on and took a few runs. This is Trev and I heading up.

Trevor looking mighty cute. For it having been 5 years since he skied, he did amazing! He was stopping and turning like it was nothing!

And I barely have a picture of Emilee because she was doing so well too. She just took off and acted like she'd been skiing forever.

After ski school was over for Carter, Joshua took him back up the lift and cruised down the hill with him a few times. Applause for Josh, cuz controlling yourself and a crazy little one is HARD!

Three tired and smiley monkeys!!

(I will try to get a couple of the videos I took up tomorrow!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I bet everyone slept well after that! Confession: I have never, ever been snow skiing. But these pics make me want to try someday. Looks like fun!