Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Water Family Again

OK, here I go again!! I started last month, promising to catch up my blog with a daily post and I got pretty far, but then we had company and swimming lessons and summer just pulled me away from my computer! But I was so excited to share today's post that I'm back, and vowing again, that I'll get a daily post up until I'm all caught up. Cross your fingers with me haha!!

So our most current family news is that we bought a boat!! We had a Bayliner for several years back when we lived in California and LOVED going to the lake. But the economy in CA and then our decision to move sadly led us to decide to sell it back in 2005. But things have fallen into place and hip-hip-hooray, we are boat owners again! So here's some pictures and video from our first weekend out on our new boat!

We got out on the water and everyone settled into a comfy spot to sit back and enjoy the cruise...

Daddy loves to drive the boat FAST...and looky what happens when two siblings who normally can't stand each other get a tad scared at top speed...

Of course everyone wants a turn as captain...


The boat has a tower to wake board off of...which means there are nice sturdy poles to hang on to so Joshua and I stood up and enjoyed the feel of the wind while a smaller captain was handling the wheel.

You also have to drop anchor somewhere quiet and drown a few worms...man do our kids love to fish, for a little while at least.


I LOVE wakeboarding so I was first out on the rope and after just a couple of crashes, it all came back to me and I was up and having fun. Even got brave enough to try with just one hand!


And check out which monkey got the hang of the wakeboard first!! Go Trev!!

We also hooked up the tube and pulled that along for a while. Here's Trev hanging on for dear life as Daddy teased him with 360s and such, trying to toss him out!

And here's a Emilee and Carter getting a bit of a calmer ride...

Emilee gave wakeboarding a very good try, but didn't quite get it just yet. She's sooooo close!

Say cheese, girlie!!

And yes, Reese had to go along too...

And per Joshua's Boating Regulations, all furry passengers get tossed in the drink...

No comments: