Sunday, April 22, 2012

To the FARM!

Over the monkeys' Spring Break we went out to visit our friend who has a FARM. This is extremely awesome to my kids because they love all things out doors, especially animals! It had been raining for weeks so to add to the fun, it was also MUDDY! So we put on our (borrowed) farm boots and headed out for fun!

The most important part of the farm visit for Carter was seeing the baby chicks. Of course, this is the point in the day that I realize my camera doesn't have the battery in it, so there aren't any pictures...but rest assured, Carter got to love on "Miss Lindsey's baby chicks"!

Next was feeding the big chickens and collecting some "farm fresh eggs"






And then it was time for mud! And what better to play in the mud with that a four wheeler?! Here's Trev and Rich spinning some donuts...


And all three monkeys piled on for a ride


And at the end I remembered my iPad can take video, so here's Em and Rich throwin' some donuts!


Then we went to the stables to meet some of their horses...and Trevor and Carter got to actually feed them!







It was funny, after a day of hanging out on the farm, I've realized how much of "city folk" we've become in the past few years. BUT I will add that Em, Trev and Carter LOVED being "farm kids" for a day and would probably do it every day if somehow I could let them.



Thank you, Rich and Miss Lindsey for a fantastic day on the farm!!!!

No comments: