Sunday, March 31, 2013

More Easter



Today was a mixed day. One one hand it was sad. Joshua wasn't home as he was called out of town on a last minute work emergency on Thursday. And we've missed him alot as we celebrated Easter over the past couple of days. On the other hand today was pretty awesome! The kids enjoyed their baskets and egg hunt this morning. Then we went to church and it was an amazing service! And we relaxed with movies for the afternoon.

A big part of our family's holiday traditions center around Joshua cooking for us, so we definitely missed his presence in the kitchen. Partly because it's just wonderful to sit back and watch him being happy just because he's in the kitchen...and then partly because we definitely enjoy the results of his culinary happiness! BUT he wasn't here today so I had to step up, and I'm actually kinda impressed with myself! First I made Joshua's family's traditional recipe "Eggs Goldenrod" for breakfast from all the leftover hard boiled eggs from the egg hunt, and the monkeys declared it a success (they were pretty worried that their favorite breakfast was not to be this year). Then I made a yummy ham dinner with all their favorite requests as side dishes. The funny thing is that this is the first Holiday Dinner I have ever made in my almost 19 years of marriage! Joshua usually cooks or I've had my parent's house to go to. Prior to today, I was fairly proud of my "never cooked" track record (mostly cuz it is hilarious to see other wives' reactions when I tell them)...but now I'm pretty proud that in a pinch I can pull off a decent spread!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

of course you can lady!! You are a great chef yourself!!!