Sunday, January 24, 2010

Carter!

[We've had a crazy busy few weeks around here so I had to take a break from most of my extra computer time. I'm hoping to be back at things and I'm picking up with finishing the spotlight I was writing for each monkey...]

Carter's post's title should be "I AM SO BIG!" He's grown up in a hurry around here! All in about two weeks' time (at the first of December) he potty trained and said goodbye to his beloved pacifier. Can I just say a quick AMEN to how easy he was to potty train AND that he was done well before his 3rd birthday? In less than a week he was done and it's soooo nice to be a diaper changing free household. Joshua pointed out to me in Target today that diapers were on sale and I got to say "I don't care!!" hahaha!! And he did pretty darn good with giving up his bink as well. We told him that we had given all his pacifiers to the babies and he was a big boy now. Only a time or two has he asked for it, and amusingly enough, he's decided that our friend Jenny (who has no babies) has them. So those nights he wants to go ask Jenny for them back...but we can usually distract him and get him snuggled happily into bed.

Here's the last known picture of him with his pacifier. It's also the last picture of him wearing pajamas. In his "growing up" he's also decided that he will sleep naked. And even on nights that we get him into pajamas before putting him to bed, when I go to tuck him in for the last time before I go to bed, I find him sound asleep naked with his pajama's defiantly on the floor beside his crib.



And here's one in the midst of potty training...


Cute goofy picture of Carter in the car...


Playing one of his favorite new Christmas toys...the airport that goes with his Geo Trax set...


Blowing off some blizzard/below zero freezing cabin fever in his sandbox in the backyard on one of the first tolerable days (notice there's still some snow on the ground...we had beautiful white to look at for exactly three weeks since the temps stayed so low).


This is a teaser picture for a blog post to come. What do you do with a "helpful" and "curious" and "wiggly" toddler when you are trying to paint the house? You plunk him on top of the refridgerator and tell him not to move of course (an he happily obliged since it was so "cool" up there!)!

3 comments:

Mrs.Oz said...

Awe, that's so sad and cute at the same time. No more diapers and binkies. *snif* I kinda miss it....okay..not that much.
Caed went through a naked phase around that time. It's kinda cold there for that!
Hey! I still want to see kitchen pics!

Karen said...

I remember when you did your blog post on Caed being out of diapers. You said "Daddy just got a raise!" LMBO! You aren't kidding. In this day and age of us watching every penny, it's great to scratch that item off the budget!

Alicia said...

wow, that was a long time ago. which blog was that..LOL?