Thursday, January 28, 2010

Here's hopin'!!



My neighbors can't stand me (hi B&U and J&B!!) cuz I'm cheering on the crazy weather headed our way. I took some calm-before-the-storm shots yesterday afternoon. It was in the mid 60s...we played out front in tshirts and flip flops...the sun was shining...it was gorgeous! This morning, the freezing rain is starting, sleet and thunder/lightening is coming and up to 16 inches of snow is forecasted (we'll probably get 5-8"...heck I'm happy as long as we get somethin'!). I'll post some "after" shots as I can snap them. School was cancelled for today and I'm sure the kids will be out tomorrow too as driving and power outage issues won't be half as bad today as they will be tomorrow.

So we are snuggling in for some fun. I've dug out all the camping gear (propane lantern and stove and sleeping bags to keep warm in from losing the heat) in case we lose power. Candles and board games are standing at the ready. And I brought the tub of snow gear down from the rafters so we are ready to bundle up and go outside and play in it as soon as we can!

For once I'm happy that Josh had a weird travel schedule this week and won't be home until Saturday night as they have already cancelled most of the afternoon flights for today...he's usually flying in on Thursday evening, so that would stink if he were stuck somewhere and couldn't get home.

Woohoo, let the fun begin!!



No comments: