Saturday, January 30, 2010

White is my favorite color!!!

Everything is fine! We never lost power and it's just gorgeous outside!

Thursday night Emilee (and Carter) made cookies and we shared some with both our neighbors. I think the knock at their doors in the middle of an ice storm quite surprised them lol!



Here's a shot of our poor tree in the backyard. We didn't get as much ice as other areas (about 1/2 an inch here...other places got more than an inch which sadly destroyed 100 year old trees). You can click on the picture to see it closeup.



I measured about 12 inches in the medium spots in the backyard last night before bed. I had to shovel Reese a 3x3 area so he had a place to potty. He's hilarious. He seems to like to play in the snow, but he tries super hard to resist walking in it just for bathroom purposes.



And here's a late day shot of the front of the house. I've got quite the task today of shoveling the driveway and breaking up the ice so I can get the car out for chruch tomorrow.



The kids are starting to get up and they are so excited to head outside to play! There are some awesome snowmen just waiting to be built, and of course some laundry basket sledding too! Have I said lately that I love the snow?!?!

3 comments:

Mrs.Oz said...

I really wish we could visit. How nice of you to share cookies! ;)

Karen said...

We would love a visit...it's only 1400 short miles *wink*!

Alicia said...

we will for sure do that if we do a country trip.