Thursday, February 3, 2011

Albertson's, oh how I've missed you!



I haven't had an Albertsons to shop at in 5+ years. In the couponing world it didn't used to be amazing, but their loss leaders were frequently fun so I enjoyed stretching our budget there. Well, here in Idaho, they run a "doubles" deal where they print three coupons in the weekly ad and you can stack them on a manufacturer coupon to "double" it. For the first time this week, I jumped into the doubling game and had FUN! All of the items in the above picture cost me $4.79 before tax. The 8 cans of soup, the frozen lasagnas, the hot dogs and the tortillas were FREE. The cheese slices were 50c each, the salad dressings were $1 each (not an amazing price, but we needed it) and the popcorn/soda was $1.29 all together as a combo deal. Normal price on all of this would be $35ish at Walmart and ALOT more if I bought it not on sale at Albertsons. Sorry, CA friends...I checked with my dad and it doesn't look like you get these special "double" coupons :-( ...maybe you should move to Idaho!!! :-D

1 comment:

Alicia said...

wow, karen, way to go!