Friday, February 18, 2011

Snowy sunrise and fun!


It has been very UN-white here for us in Idaho. For a family who LOVES the snow, we got unlucky this winter and have largely missed out on the snow (a big blizzard hit Idaho the week before we moved here, and two blizzards have hit Oklahoma since we've left). So it was terribly nice to wake up to the above picture yesterday morning!

Trevor got dressed, ate his breakfast and packed his backpack as fast as he possible so he could get outside and play (shovel sidewalks) before school. Emilee and Carter weren't far behind him. I'll betcha the neighbors were thinking crazy things about the new people who've moved in and were outside playing at 7am before school!

I actually caught a nice straight-on smile from Carter...man, those have been hard to get lately!

The mountains in the background are nice and white again. The past two weeks the snow line had creeped up mighty high, putting a risk to ski season ending early.

Immediately after school Trevor headed back outside to play. You can see how much snow had melted just in about two hours of sun around lunchtime. But Trevor still managed to create this huge snowball from the patches that were left along the basketball court and beside the fences. (Don't ask me about the serious look on his face...I sent Em out to snap a pic of his snowball and this is what she came back with haha!)
And I had to crack up when I called him in to dinner. He said "OK Mom, I have to get my basketball first!" I thought he'd run real quick to the court, grab his ball that he'd obviously abandoned to make the snowball, and then come in to eat. So when he'd been gone several minutes, I looked out the window to try and see where he was. I saw him hacking at the snowball with a shovel.
"Trev, come on, get your ball and come in to eat!"
"I am trying, Mom!!"
"Uh, Trev, where is your ball?"
"INSIDE the snowball!!"
LMBO!!!!

No comments: