Monday, February 14, 2011

Carter's Letters


The other morning, I was doing paperwork at my desk and Carter was playing with some toys on the floor near me. He was chattering at me, and I was saying “uh huh” and nodding my head, not paying 100% attention to what he was saying. Then at one point I heard “and that makes a T!” I stopped what I was doing and turned to look…Carter was making letters with some toys. I asked him what else he could make and he showed me this…

The kicker is that we really have not been working on letter recognition much. He hasn’t been very interested when I have brought it up, so I didn’t think he had caught on to much beyond “his ‘C’”. But not only did he show me 5 or 6 letters, he was able to create them sort of abstractly with sticks. It was really cool, too, because when he ran out of letters he could make with two sticks, he went and found another so he could form this.

And then he found one more so he could make this...

Smart cookie we have here!!

No comments: